Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ali_Jassim
New Contributor III

Interface wan-load-balance , WAN1 WAN2 Problem

Interface wan-load-balance , WAN1 WAN2 Problem Greetings to you My device is 200D , OS 5.2.8 My problem ....... I made new interface wan-load-balance it used WAN1 AND WAN2 ........... Internet working when I used wan-load-balance interface --------------> OK but after I remove wan-load-balance and make WAN1 separate and WAN2 separate then when I create policy to shift (all src) to WAN1 OR WAN 2 Internet not working and doping packet in Firewall ! Internet it will work, if I create policy route to force traffic to Either WAN1 OR WAN2 ---- I don't want to use Policy route ! Before I Think to create wan-load-balance , I used to WAN 1 with policy to shift traffic to WAN1 without using policy route LIKE ---------- FROM LAN TO WAN1 ...... THEN USERS GETTING INTERNET !

now after remove wan-load-balance interface and Make each Interface sprats WAN1 AND WAN2 .... If I create new policy to shift traffic to WAN1 it will not work with me I mean no internet  if I create policy route and force traffic to WAN1 then I can get Internet ! Why this happened ? I don't want to use policy route .. because I want later on to use fail over method if WAN1 GOES Down I want to other LINK take over if I'm using policy route failover will not work because policy route force traffic to one interface 

Please I need to solve this problem

Sometimes I feel confuse form Fortigate behavior

5 REPLIES 5
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

hi,

you have probably still 2 default routes in the routing table. Remove the one for WAN 2, or increase it's priority (CLI) i f you want to keep it in the table.

Removing the LLB interface will not (AFAIK) remove all other steps it has taken, routes, policies etc.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ali_Jassim
New Contributor III

ede_pfau wrote:

hi,

you have probably still 2 default routes in the routing table. Remove the one for WAN 2, or increase it's priority (CLI) i f you want to keep it in the table.

Removing the LLB interface will not (AFAIK) remove all other steps it has taken, routes, policies etc.

Yes Still I have 2 Defaults Routes for WAN1 AND WAN2 ....... how I can return every things to normal ? I don't want WAN-LOAD-BALANCE

Do you think the solution is "remove static route and re-type it again ?" for 2 WAN Interfaces

ede_pfau

Well, no, just remove the static default route to WAN2. The one with WAN1 should then be the only one.

Ede

Ali_Jassim
New Contributor III

ede_pfau wrote:

Well, no, just remove the static default route to WAN2. The one with WAN1 should then be the only one.

I'll do it today after 5:00 PM KAS ZONE TIME ...

if I delete WAN 2 and still the problem exists ? what should I do ? as the OS 5.2.8

ede_pfau

If deleting the second route does not help then please run a diagnostic: "diag debug flow", following a ping from LAN to somewhere in the world. The how-to is documented many, many times here in the forum.

Ede

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors