Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Nihas
New Contributor

Interface is not able to delete.!

Hello, Recently I have upgraded 200D box from 5.0.7 to 5.2. I was using Two SSID' s . Users with bridged and Company_Guest with Tunnel for guest . But after upgrade I am not able to use the SSID and not even allowing me to delete the interface. How do I delete the interface?
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
20 REPLIES 20
hklb
Contributor II

You have probably a firewall rules attached with this interface. Try to backup your configuration and search the reference to interface " Guest" and delete these references.
FortiAdam
Contributor II

You might find it easier to enable the references column on your interfaces page to get an idea of what may still be referring to that interface. Either way should help you fix the problem.
Schieber

Thank You!

hklb
Contributor II

@FortiAdam thank you, I' ve never seen this column.. It' s much easier !
Dipen
New Contributor III

This column is not there by default..You need to enable this from Select Columns.

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5

Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5 Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D
Nihas
New Contributor

Thanks.! It doesn' t have any reference. See the below screen shots. There is only one VAP interface in VAP table.
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
Warren_Olson_FTNT

See if the CLI shows you anything different: diag sys checkused system.interface.name Guest
Nihas
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. No output for that command..! And this is the error while I tried to delete from GUI.
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
Istvan_Takacs_FTNT

Hi Nihas, You can try a different command, since it' s not a physical, but a wireless interface. # diagnose sys checkused wireless-controller.vap.name mesh.Speridian_Guest or # diagnose sys checkused wireless-controller.vap.name Speridian_Guest The command error message tells you on the screenshot you inserted, that you can' t delete a VAP interface under ' conf sys int' , but from the vap interface table, only. e.g # config vdom (vdom) # edit root # config wireless-controller vap (vap) # show .............. If you have no vDOMs enabled, just ignore the first 2 lines.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors