Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
morteza
New Contributor

Interface/Vlan/Vdom Removing Problem

hello experts

i have a serious problem with removing an aggregated interface in an almost empty VDOM.

recently i take a backup  from a VDOM in a fortigate 600c 5.2.8 and restore it on a fortigate600d 5.2.8 and it runs in a company with strict SLA so i can't reboot it even!

in this VDOM only there are 2 elements.

one: an aggregated interface named "port-agg"

two: an interface vlan that is assigned to the aggregation interface, named "Vlan-400".

there are no reference to the Vlan-400, but in GUI it shows number 1 in the references column! but when i click on it ... there is nothing !

i restored a default factory backup to that VDOM, but the interfaces still are remained.

the command "diagnose sys checkused system.interface.name" does not give a proper information.

is this a serious BUG in fortigate or it has a plain solution?

can i force the fortigate to remove that VDOM whitout removing those fake references?

regards.

11 REPLIES 11
morteza

solved, but in a harsh trend !

i make these steps:

1- factory default of standby unit

2- restore full backup

3- stop sync config

4- make active/passive failover

5- repeat steps 1 and 2 for second device

6- start sync 

but i think this is a bug and should be considered in the subsequent fortiOS releases.

David98797

Hi a bit late but assigne vdom root to your interface and when you go to Root  you will be able to scroll and choose another Vdom

MJ

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors