Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

Interface History Custom Report

As we all know, the status dashboard has an "Interface History" widget. I love this widget however it resets when the device is power cycled.

How would I go about creating a FortiAnalyzer report that would show the same data in the same manner (hour, day week) bandwidth in and out (MBps) See attached file for how it looks in the GUI. 

The FAZ is running 5.0.x code 

I know there is a dataset I need to make etc but I have no idea how to do that (databases and sql are not strong points of mine)interface_history.gif

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
35 REPLIES 35
soporteitp

makco10 wrote:

Historical bandwidth utilization graph and report on FortiAnalyzer

https://kb.fortinet.com/k....do?externalID=FD40025

Hello This KB is about v5. Maybe v6 allow this kind of report that all of us wants.  Regards. 

makco10

soporteitp wrote:

makco10 wrote:

Historical bandwidth utilization graph and report on FortiAnalyzer

https://kb.fortinet.com/k....do?externalID=FD40025

Hello This KB is about v5. Maybe v6 allow this kind of report that all of us wants.  Regards. 

Here the comments from Fortinet TAC:

The measurement of the bandwidth of an interface is a metric obtained from the FortiGate memory, so a more related device to make this measurement is an SNMP server.

The FAZ reports will generate bandwidth measurements depending on the host, application or user element, for example measuring how much bandwidth a certain device consumes in a day.

Defend Your Enterprise Network With Fortigate Next Generation Firewall
Defend Your Enterprise Network With Fortigate Next Generation Firewall
ayounes

We are running 6.4.6 on FAZ and still NOT finding a report for this purpose!

The exact needed graph is on the dashboard when we login to the firewall.... but can't be generated in the analyzer?!

Since this discussion has been open for 6 years now with no one finding a solution, at this point I am only praying they add this feature soon.

Camilo76
New Contributor

Hello, I want to say that today, March 9, 2022, I still need that consumption report in Mbps, soon a new FortiAnalyzer will be installed in the company and it seems incredible to me that we do not have that functionality. I need the Throughput graph between a source and a destination to know the impact on a data channel. I saw somewhere that the FortiManager does show those graphs for a Traffic Shaping policy but again the Kbps values are rare... Someone from Fortinet tell us if there is progress on this?

maxs
New Contributor II

Having the easy ability to determine maximum throughput on an interface or even the whole unit would be very helpful to firewall sizing too.

maxs
New Contributor II

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors