Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
johnlloyd_13
Contributor

Interface Bandwidth Widget

hi,

i would like to constantly monitor our WAN utilization in a certain VDOM.

i already added a widget under dashboard > network > interface (added WAN subif).

my question are:

1.is this widget permanent? or is it auto removed after my login session?

2.can other admin see/view the widget i created? or is this view only exclusive to my profile?

3.i can only see 1 hour, 24 hour and 1 week view option? is this fix or can i adjust this view to 12 hours or 30 days/1 month, 12 months?

image.png

Thanks,
John
Thanks,John
1 Solution
kaman
Staff
Staff

Hi johnlloyd_13,

You can check and monitor the bandwidth utilization through dashboard > network > interface (added WAN subif)

> When you add the widget, it will be visible under the Dashboard and will remain there permanently rather than being automatically removed after the login session.

> Can other admin see/view the widget i created? = No, it will not be visible to other admin

> You can only check the bandwidth only for durations of 1 hour, 24 hours, and 1 week.

> You can also monitor the usage of bandwidth per source. Please refer to the document below for more information:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Monitor-bandwidth-usage-per-source/ta-p/19...

I hope it will help you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kaman
Staff
Staff

Hi johnlloyd_13,

You can check and monitor the bandwidth utilization through dashboard > network > interface (added WAN subif)

> When you add the widget, it will be visible under the Dashboard and will remain there permanently rather than being automatically removed after the login session.

> Can other admin see/view the widget i created? = No, it will not be visible to other admin

> You can only check the bandwidth only for durations of 1 hour, 24 hours, and 1 week.

> You can also monitor the usage of bandwidth per source. Please refer to the document below for more information:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Monitor-bandwidth-usage-per-source/ta-p/19...

I hope it will help you.

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi

If you want a X months graph then it should be possible with FortiAnalyzer or with NetFlow.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors