Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ecortes89
New Contributor

Installing VPN client on macOS via Intune

Hi all, I've been asked to manage our small fleet of macOS laptops through Intune. One piece that I'm struggling with is installing the VPN client. The online installer fails as the DMG file does not contain the actual installer. I did find a script by Fortinet that downloads the latest version of the DMG from an org's EMS server however my company does not use EMS. How else can I get the VPN client to install through Intune?

6 REPLIES 6
Jean-Philippe_P

Hello ecortes89, 

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Jean-Philippe - Fortinet Community Team
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Hi ecortes89,

On the script that you have found, EMS server is specified as the download location for Forticlient dmg file. Can you host the Forticlient dmg file on some other server (accessible from Mac devices) and modify the script with new location and test? I have not tested this, but may be we can give a try.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.2.0/intune-deployment-guide/758188/deploying-fortic...

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

ecortes89

I would love to try this but I don't have the DMG file to host :) Unless the script is also calling for the Online Installer available publicly on the Fortinet website?

jerome_710

Hi @ecortes89 any news on this topic? Im trying to install FortiClient via Intune as well but haven't found a way to smoothly do it...

mle2802
Staff
Staff

Hi @ecortes89,

Can you please check this document and let me know if this help

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.2.0/intune-deployment-guide/827873/macos

Regards,
Minh

jerome_710

Hi @mle2802,

I used this document as well but in this document they use a EMS server url which we don't have in our organization so...

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors