Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
junglecom
New Contributor

Install license via CLI

What is the command to install a license via Fortigate CLI? Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Fortigate are a non-license type of firewall outside of the vdom counts increases on certain model and even with that, I think it' s done thru the fortinet subscriptions. What are you trying to do specifically ?

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Jupiter_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Can you tell us more detail ? There are different licenses in fortigate. For example, if you are on V4.3 , you can do " exe carrier-license XXXXX-XXXX-XXX" to enable FortiCarrier features. For V5.0, the command is " exe factory-license XXXX-XXXX-XXX"
junglecom
New Contributor

I am using the Fortigate VM 4.0. On first install it says I have 14 evaluation trial. It looks like I need the following license. VM License FortiGaurd (maybe ?) and optional FortiClient Software How would I install what I need from command line instead of uploading via the Web GUI? or perhaps I misunderstand how Fortigate is licensed?
Jupiter_FTNT
Staff
Staff

For VM license, you have to upload a license file via GUI no CLI for it. FortiGuard service usually comes with the FortiGate license, in your case is the FortiGate VM license. Your status shows unreachable , make sure you have internet access and connect to the FortiGuard server correctly.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors