Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BartC
New Contributor

Instagram filter

Hey,

I'm looking for a filter/policy to block instagram pages that contain specific hashtags. Is this possible and how to configure it ?

Thx for your feedback.

1 Solution
oarslan
Staff
Staff

Hello,

I did some research for it and it seems blocking based on hashtag is not available as now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
oarslan
Staff
Staff

Hello,

I did some research for it and it seems blocking based on hashtag is not available as now.

immrlizard

I looked at it, and it appears that blocking based on hashtag is not yet possible here

BartC
New Contributor

Thx for your reply. This confirms what I tested by using the webfilter with expression feature. Is there any other feature/configuration that allows Instagram but blocks some pages on instagram. I was thinking about :

- deep packet inspection

- fortiguard classification

Other options ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi BartC,

You can find the answer in this forum, Adrian has answered a very similar question to yours.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Fortinet-Forum/Unblocking-subsite-for-game-blocked-site/td-p/20537...

Hope this helps.

Best, 
Irfan

arthurdaniels
New Contributor

Hi There,

Unfortunately, Instagram's official app does not offer a built-in feature to block pages based on specific hashtags. However, you can consider using third-party applications like Instagram Honista, which provides more advanced filtering options. Instagram Honista allows you to block content by hashtags, giving you greater control over what you see on your feed. It's a reliable solution for managing your Instagram experience more effectively.

Hope this helps!

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors