Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
DongHwan1
New Contributor

Inquiries about how to operate the LED according to the mode.

Hello. I'm inquiring because I found something strange while setting up the product.
The model is 101f.
I test in IDS mode  (license retention) , I used 4 sfp ports and set up 4 spins.
But the power (state) LED doesn't turn on. The product UI all works normally!! The version 7.2.6. I tested the LED with HQIP and the LED turns on normally. When it reboots, it turns off again.
Is this a bug? Or does it turn off when it's IDS mode operation? This version also has bugs where HA LED doesn't turn on (randomly).

Does the LED work differently depending on the license?

1 Solution
ebilcari

So to avoid the confusion is the LED of the power or status, you refer to power but have circled the status position. Based on the admin guide this LEDs should remain off only when the unit is off.

So, as long as the unit is on it is not related to any configuration mode that can turn it off.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
DongHwan1

What does it mean to buy and fix a driver?

Stephen_G

Hello bateman7, 

Thank you for posting. Your post is a little off topic. If you have a Fortinet-related query, can you please look for a relevant board to post to, or create a new thread?

Thanks,

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
DongHwan1

Hi. Isn't my question correct for the post? It's a question about whether the LED works properly depending on the gate version. Sorry I'm new to the community and I'm not good at it.

ebilcari

@DongHwan1 
Your question is correct, the moderator is referring to the reply done by bateman7 that is off topic and not related to your question.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

Are you referring to LED that is near the Fortinet logo or the small one?

logo.PNG

I'm not aware of the LED status change based on firewall mode.

- Emirjon
DongHwan1

111.pngtest.jpg

HI ! 

I'm talking about a small LED.
I initialized another 101f equipment, but the equipment has the same problem.
The version is 7.2.5.
(When I first inquired, it was 7.2.6. The below version-7.2.5 degree LED seems to have a little problem.)

ebilcari

So to avoid the confusion is the LED of the power or status, you refer to power but have circled the status position. Based on the admin guide this LEDs should remain off only when the unit is off.

So, as long as the unit is on it is not related to any configuration mode that can turn it off.

- Emirjon
DongHwan1

Happy New Year.
So when the system is running, if the LED (Status) light doesn't come on, can it be understood as a version problem?

DongHwan1

I checked.

I checked, it happens regardless of the equipment model.
(101f, 100f,60f,60e)

I confirmed that it all occurred randomly, and when I ran the diag hardware test LED, I was able to confirm that the small LED was lighting up again.

The test versions 7.2.6 and 7.2.5

I hope it will be fix the next version.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors