Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
padi
New Contributor III

Inherit Policies over OUs in FortiClient EMS

Hi folks

Is it true, that it isn't possible to inherit an Endpoint Policy over organisation units in our local Active Directory?

So we have multiple Remote Desktop Server host which have  each an own OU. Now I want to set our EMS policy for RDS server on the OU about it, that I don't have to edit the policy each time we create a new "sub OU" with a new RDS server.

Example in screenshot. I want to add the policy to the OU "Terminal-Server" and it should inherit to all sub OUs, also new OUs.

Is this possible?

Thanks

padi

230222_192.168.100.101 - Remotedesktopverbindung_001227.png

6 REPLIES 6
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello padi,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello padi,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
padi
New Contributor III

Hi Anthony
No stress. It would only be more logical if this would inherited.
Padi

gfleming

Hi padi, I'm not an EMS or AD expert but it sounds like this should work as you say. Are you trying this and it is not working? Or are you just looking for confirmation before you configure it?

Cheers,
Graham
padi
New Contributor III

Hi Graham

No its not a question its a statement. :)

I didn't test it for a long time, because we work already with the EMS and I need to have the correct policy on this server.

So what I belief it's not inherited.

But for me it would also be logically if it would be inherited an I hoped someone can confirm how it works.

Padi

gfleming

Oh OK i see what you're saying now. I would suggest opening a TAC ticket for them to confirm and possibly put in a feature request.

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors