Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mafton
New Contributor

Increase Fortigate RAM

My FortiGate 1240B has 3Gb RAM (diagnose hardware sysinfo memory) Memory usage is about 70% . How can i increase the memory? e.g 6Gb
Norozi
Norozi
4 REPLIES 4
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I don' t think you can just open the box and thrown memory in it like a pc/server. And I' m sure, that support will have issues with you doing that. So at 70% memory, do you have problems? Have you look at what your using the fw for? what and how many apps are you running? i.e diag sys top 60 and review what' s running

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
mafton
New Contributor

thank you emnoc yes i have problem after 70% usage of memory . For example in SSL VPN after 80% memory usage . ipsengine is my first process with 55% . already i tuned my IPS sensors .Also application control is another needs of our organization that i used it. so what can i do?
Norozi
Norozi
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

1st have yo looked at the fortios version that our running? A upgrade or even a download maybe in order. High Memory usage is not really a concern of mine until we see high cpu and mem utilization and performance issues.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
mafton
New Contributor

but If the free memory drops to less than 20% of the total memory, then the system enters conserve mode and we will have problem for IPS and AV .Fortinet says that.
Norozi
Norozi
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors