Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bekjos01
New Contributor

Impossible to send mail from hotmail

Hello everybody, I have this morning a great problem with sending email from Hotmail. I have a fortigate 1000c and when a user who is allow , want to send email from hotmail after clicking on send there is a message error like tyhe picture. We can receve and tchat on hotmail, we can write email but can not send it by clicking sen. Please help me . Regards.
BAJ
BAJ
7 REPLIES 7
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

If you have UTM Web filter Profile and Application Control enabled on the firewall policy covering HTTP/HTTPS traffic -- you need to ensure webmail is allowed in the Web filter and that hotmail attachments is allowed through in the Application Sensor.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
bekjos01

ensure
Thank you. But it is the same problem. I can attach files , write email, but it not possible to send it.
BAJ
BAJ
bekjos01

This the information i have with my log :" You may set this signature to " DROP" if this kind of traffic is against your network security policy." How can i accept that trafic
BAJ
BAJ
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

The Hotmail/live site accesses more than just one domain when it processes your mail, so check to see if any of those other sites are being blocked. You can do this from either the dashboard " Log and Archive Statistics" Widget or from the " Log&Report->Log&Archive Access" section. You will want to check both blocked URLs and blocked Application Control events. If this doesn' t resolve the issue -- other suggests are to temp disable UTM options on the firewall policy to confirm or rule out UTM as cause. Perform a general browser clean up (clear browser cache/history). Confirm time/date/timezone are correct. Try sending a test message with no file attachment.

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

This is not much to go on -- which log is this from? Go into the Log&Report section then expand " Log & Archive Access" . From there look in both " Web Filter Log" and " Application Control Log. If you see/suspect an entry click on it -- it will give you more information on that entry, including the URL or app involved.

bekjos01

Hello everybody and happy new year. I cheick the log and there is not suspect entry ( see jointed file). I allow all the trafic, but it is the same result. I don' t know if it due to the fortigate v5. Regards.
BAJ
BAJ
bekjos01

Hello all, My problem is solve with the new patch of forti os v5. Thank you all
BAJ
BAJ
Top Kudoed Authors