Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Gregmurf
New Contributor

Impossible to install FC VPN

Hi all,
I am unable to install FortiClient VPN on a freshly out-of-the-box OS (Windows 11 23H2). Absolutely NOTHING has been installed on this machine as it is brand new (no antivirus, etc.). I initially encountered a rollback during the driver installation. I then tried installing an older version (successfully), but it kept prompting for a reboot in a loop. Consequently, I attempted to uninstall FC VPN, reboot in safe mode, run the FCRemove tool (followed by a restart), and install the latest version of FC VPN, but it keeps asking for a restart persistently. Do you have a solution? Best regards.

6 REPLIES 6
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Greg,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Greg,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
btan
Staff
Staff

Hi Greg,

May I know which specific FCT version you are trying to install?
In the affected machine, open File Explorer, navigate to %tmp%, search for a file 'fct' in the Temp folder, do you see any txt file named something like 'FCTInstall.txt'? 
This txt file should give some clues around the issue.

Regards,
Bon
Gregmurf
New Contributor

Hi btan,
I first tried to install the very last version freshly downloaded from the FC Website (V7.2.4.0972) ==> Rollback during the driver installation.
Then i tried to install the V6.4.1.1519 ==> drivers successfully installed, and installation promped to reboot.
After reboot, i still had the reboot mesage, then i installed the V7.2.4.0972 and reboot, but the message always show up at startup.

Gregmurf
New Contributor

Hi,
Any solution ?
Tried to reinstall OS and
bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

But exactly the same rollback.
Dont know if it's important, but it's an ARM processor version.
Regards

btan

Hello,

FCT does not support ARM processor system:
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.2.4/windows-release-notes/549781/product-integratio...

-> FortiClient (Windows) does not support ARM-based processors.

We do not have any workaround on that unfortunately.

Regards,
Bon
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors