Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Maik
New Contributor II

Importing own Certificates?

FAC 3.0 For the captive portal, i' d like to import my own existing wildcard certificate under " Certficate Management -> End Entities -> Local Services." Import fails with following message: " Import has failed. There is no matching certificate request for server certificate " xxxxxx" . It looks I can only import a certificate where the CSR has been generated on the FAC itself. How can I import my preexisting certificate?
4 REPLIES 4
Carl_Windsor_FTNT

As you have found, currently this is not supported. What format do you have the wildcard cert in? Do you have PKCS#12 private key and public certificate file?

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

Maik

hi Carl Currently it' s in PEM format (the Version with: -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- -----END CERTIFICATE----- -----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY----- -----END PRIVATE KEY-----) but for me, its secondary what format. if needed i can convert it with openSSL. just need to find a way to import the privat key as well :) regards Maik
Carl_Windsor_FTNT

Thats fine, I was just checking that you had the private key as well as just the certificate. I have created a new NFR (226604) to track this request.

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

Maik
New Contributor II

Thanks!
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors