Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Import VPN Users

I am using PPTP for VPN. I have a ton of users that will be using the VPN connections. Is there a way for me to import these Usernames and Passwords from a text or CSV file? I don' t want to have to manually type all of this in. I am on a Fortigate 300 MR6 (PPTP won' t work in MR7). Any help would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable

Yeah try this. Save config of Existing FTG unit with users. Save config of Net FTG unit fully configured minus users. Now copy snipit of users from old ftg and insert into new ftg config. upload and shazam your done. This should work unless there is somehting new i should know about with different commands in different versions of FTG' s.. you could also just post it in the cli on the new ftg and it should create all accounts. although i think the encrypted passwords if they are will loose there correct values if you simply paste to cli.
Not applicable

I don' t currently have a config with users. This is a new install and I only have a couple of users in there. I need to add about 100.
Not applicable

Your best bet is to enter them all via the CLI. You can create a document in Notepad with one user per line and then cut and paste the entire thing into your SSH/Telnet session. Here' s some documentation on the command you might use to enter the users:
Use the following command to add a new user named User_1, with authentication type set to password and a password of 23E9jz6 to authenticate using the internal database. The user is enabled by default.
set user local User_1 type password 23E9jz6
You can find more information on the CLI commands in the Technical Documentation area of the Fortinet Support web site at http://support.fortinet.com.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors