Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ellyas
New Contributor

Import Policy Package To A Fortimanager

Greetings,

Hello. I have 2 FMGs and currently I had install a policy package to FMG_A. Due to the Business Unit decision, soon I would need to point the respective FGTs from FMG_A to FMG_B and need to carry over the policy package.

I would like to know how can I export out a policy package from FMG_A and import it to FMG_B?

Is there a simple way of doing so without the need to recreate again one by one those policies in FMG_B?

I noticed the Export function (right-click->Export on the policy package) only by exporting all the policies in that said policy package to a CSV file. It is not exporting it into some configuration file that later on can be import into a FMG.

Highly appreciate your input.

Thanks & regards,

Ellyas.

2 REPLIES 2
FlavioB
New Contributor III

Hi Ellyas,

I'm facing the same limitation as well - exporting works fine but no import function???

Come on Fortinet - what's up here? Some half-baked feature???

Thanks for fixing this.

Flavio.

mithun89
New Contributor II

Hi,

If Fortigate is synchronized with fortiManager, then Just delete and add it to the new FMG. Then the new FMG-B will be automatically create the Policy package for the FGT.

But, Makesure the objects are not overlapping with the FMG-B.

I hope, this works for your requirement ??

M'n

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors