Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fullmoon
Contributor III

Import AD User to FortiMail Server mode

Hello Fellas,

Just want to know if there's easiest way to import handful (3-5K) of users from my AD to my FortiMail running in Server mode.

Or anyone have tried this?

Looking at this link below seems intended only for creating local accounts.

https://help.fortinet.com/fmail/5-3-4/admin/index.html#page/FortiMail_Online_Help/user_08_04.html

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
3 REPLIES 3
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

First: define a LDAP profile, i.e <LDAP_Profile>

Second: Try to build your clean LDAP users csv file in this format:

User name,    Password,        Display,             Ldap name,     Radius name

user@domain,             ,    NameSurname,     <LDAP_Profile>, 

Severe hardcoded user limits are defined for local users in server mode, so if don't take care with the procedure, you will receive a failure error message importing users as local.

Unless you have a FML3200E or VM32 to manage such number of users as you posted.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Fullmoon

abelio wrote:

Hello

First: define a LDAP profile, i.e <LDAP_Profile>

Second: Try to build your clean LDAP users csv file in this format:

User name,    Password,        Display,             Ldap name,     Radius name

user@domain,             ,    NameSurname,     <LDAP_Profile>, 

Severe hardcoded user limits are defined for local users in server mode, so if don't take care with the procedure, you will receive a failure error message importing users as local.

Unless you have a FML3200E or VM32 to manage such number of users as you posted.

Hi Abel, appreciate your inputs. Yes that's the plan use FML 3000E model (A-P) mode with NAS storage to store messages. 

Exploring my AD Server and there's an option to Export User lists into .txt format. Well that something I need to figure out how to convert into csv format.

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Fullmoon

Pls disregard this this reply.

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors