Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Raudi
New Contributor III

IPv6 WAN router advertisements?

Hi,

a few days ago i updated from 6.0.4 to 6.2 and now i got every 10 sec's this messages in the system log:

our AdvOtherConfigFlag on wan1 doesn't agree with fe80::1 our AdvManagedFlag on wan1 doesn't agree with fe80::1 our AdvOtherConfigFlag on wan2 doesn't agree with fe80::1 our AdvManagedFlag on wan2 doesn't agree with fe80::1

What is this message telling me?

Is the FG sending router advertisements to the wan interface and is reporting that it also get informations from fe80::1?

fe80::1 is the gateway IP on both WAN interfaces. (The provider)

The WAN interfaces are configured with DHCP.

Regards

Stefan

15 REPLIES 15
KenInMaine

I found the cause of my issue. IPv6 had been enabled on my cable modem by my ISP, Spectrum. I was able to resolve the issue by going into System --> Feature Visibility and turning on IPv6. I then went into Network --> Interfaces opened up my WAN1 port settings and set IPv6 addressing mode to DHCP. I ended up having to reboot my cable modem a couple times and renewing the WAN1 IPv4 address a couple of times, but everything did stabilize out and these event messages went away.

Now I have a new set of log entries flooding my my WiFi events log: "Client {mac address snipped} had an IPv6 address detected (by NONE packets) ". Need to figure out if I need to do anything about those log entries.

vboul

same issue on 7.2

VASILEIOS BOULOUKOS
VASILEIOS BOULOUKOS
GeekBrownBear
New Contributor

On 7.0.3 and seeing it as well.

CDC-IT
New Contributor

7.0.5 Confirmed too

OGPlugBone
New Contributor

Have it here on 7.0.2. Thought disabling IPv6 via Comcast would free up the issue. Nope. 

vboul
New Contributor

try this command if you dont need ipv6. it will stop logging

diag ipv6 devconf disable_ipv6 1

VASILEIOS BOULOUKOS
VASILEIOS BOULOUKOS
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors