Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Yazeed-
New Contributor

IPv6 To IPv4 VIP

Hi

i have fortigate firewall with the firmware 6.4.12 installed and i want to create firewall policy that has IPv6 external IP and mapped to IPv4 IP. i created the VIP in nat64 but when i try to apply it on the IPv6 policy the VIP is not showing.

11 REPLIES 11
akristof
Staff
Staff

Hi,

You need to select NAT64 and then you should be able to select VIP as destination.

Adrian
Yazeed-

i tried that but still i cant publish the service as IPv6  

akristof

Hi,

You are still not able to select VIP in firewall policy? If you are on 6.4, you need to enable under feature visibility IPv6 and Nat46/Nat64 options. Then create NAT64 VIP and then use this VIP in IPv4 policy.

Adrian
Yazeed-

i already enabled IPv6 and Nat46/Nat64 options also the created nat64 vip is not showing in the ipv4 policy as destination. 

akristof

You can use VIP in Nat64 policy only. Then in IPV4 you normal IPv4 address as it will be translated already..

Adrian
Yazeed-

what i should choose in the nat64 IP Pool Configuration

akristof

Safest way is to use "Use outgoing interface address".

Adrian
Yazeed-

i tried but still i cant reach the published website

akristof

Hi. If traffic still does not work, use debug flows, for both IPv4 and IPv6 to see the flow:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-use-debug-flow-and-sniffer-to-captu...

Adrian
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors