Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SaschaH
New Contributor

IPv6 SLAAC not working FG60D FW5.2.4

Hello everybody,

i have a DS-lite cable-internet-connection and wanted my FG60D LAN1 to autoconfigure with SLAAC from my Fritz!Box.

I only have two options at the LAN1: Manual and DHCP.

When set to DHCP, i receive no IPv6 Information at all.

Where can i enable SLAAC-Option?

Regards

Sascha

11 REPLIES 11
Toshi_Esumi

If it's in multi vdom environment, it's the same problem I encountered with v5.2.4, which is recognized as a bug by TAC. I don't know the bug ID though. My case was IPv4 but Probably it doesn't matter. Try going back to v5.2.3. That's the solution they gave me and working.

The issue is if multi vdom exists, PPPoE/DHCP interface won't become active when it received IP from the other end. If you do "get router info routing-t database" (in case ipv4) you would see the route is there but shows as "inactive."

SaschaH

emnoc wrote:

It's probably a bug, what I would do if you had the time and up for a challenge,

1: enable multi-vdom support

2: build a vdom name "whatever you want"

3: pick one interface, enable it for ipv6 advertisement & with a ipv6 address /64  and the prefix to rt-adv

4: plug this port from vdom ( whatever you called it ) into the same port that you originally had the fritzbox on,

1 and 2 i understand, 4 is not possible, because the Fritz!Box is my cable-router, directly connected to the cable-Network.

3 is a Little bit confusing. What do you mean by "with a ipv6 address /64  and the prefix to rt-adv"? The prefix is dynamic, that's why i need SLAAC.

toshiesumi wrote:

If it's in multi vdom environment, it's the same problem I encountered with v5.2.4, which is recognized as a bug by TAC. I don't know the bug ID though. My case was IPv4 but Probably it doesn't matter. Try going back to v5.2.3.

I can only go back to 5.0.2 and that didn't work either.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors