Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
OsaidFG
New Contributor

IPsec VPN client

Dear All, I connected my fortigate with ADSL router ;( WAN port in FG :(192.168.1.2) --->>ADSL LAN port (192.168.1.1) and i set ADSL router DMZ option to FG (192.168.1.2). internet goes ok via FG (inbound and outbound). i set up SSL vpn OK and working fine .(User set real ADSL IP in forticlient SW)

I face problem that i can not connect via forticlient IPsec with this setup after i configure IPsec by using wizard.

Error is in attachment

Kindly your Assistance

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

no, it's not would you please post the error message?

One hint: I'm using this setup often but for the ADSL part I use a simple modem in Bridge Mode. No credentials of the ISP on the modem itself, the FGT is doing the PPPoE dial-in. This way, the FGT's wan port is assigned the public IP address and any kind of VPN or port translation service is no problem.

Maybe your router is reacting on ESP if it's got VPN capabilities (like FritzBoxes used to). Then again, there is so many ways an IPsec VPN is not set up 100% correctly, it doesn't have to be the router-FGT setup at all. Try to test with a simple 6 places PSK, and check that there is an accepting policy and a route back to the client's (private) IP range.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
OsaidFG

Thank edu_pfau,

yes , i am using Bridge with PPPOE setup in another unit without any problem in VPN, i ADSL router just i forward all traffic to FG (using DMZ).

in FG (that connected to ADSL), I'm using the IPsec wizard that  I've successfully used in another unit and i am not add any policy or other additional configuration , 

the error is :@ VPN connection Failed , please check your configuration abd pre-shared key then retry your connection..@

what do you mean 6 psk?

Regrads

ede_pfau

PSK=preshared key. You specify a PSK in phase1 to protect access to your VPN.

Be sure that you have a policy which allows traffic from/into the tunnel interface! Otherwise, the VPN won't connect.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors