Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
garjithb
New Contributor II

IPSec tunnel with multiple ISPs

Hello,

Please take a look at the diagram. The requirement is for Server-1 to connect to Server-2. I need some suggestions for the issue.

The 'Local Gateway" for the tunnel is a public IP defined inside the LAN. So the ISP doesn't matter for the "local gateway".

But when creating a tunnel, Fotigate needs me to select an interface. So the only option for me is to create 2 tunnels on FGT-1 corresponding to each interface/ISP. I have to select the same "remote gateway" with the same "local gateway" over 2 different local interfaces (one corresponding to ISP1 and the other corresponding to ISP-2. The remote end has only one ISP, meaning it won't be able to accept 2 tunnels with the same encryption domains. How do I solve this issue?

1 Solution
hbac

Hi @garjithb,

Yes, you need to create two tunnels on the local FortiGate. Is the remote firewall also a FortiGate?

Regards, 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
garjithb

That was the initial question. When you create a tunnel you need to specify the egress interface. So when the ISP "swings", the tunnel will still try to work on the original (ISP1) egress.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors