Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kadey
New Contributor II

IPSec tunnel aggregation...

I'm trying to set up an aggregated site-to-site ipsec tunnel to take advantage of load balancing/redundant WANs. The purpose the the tunnel is to export netflow to a remote collector, using VIPs as the source and destination of the netflow. The problem I'm running into is I cannot define more than one VIP with the same external address (the destination address from the remote end's perspective). Can an aggregated tunnel on one end use just a single end-point on the other end, or do I absolutely need two tunnels on each end? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you set different values either on "src-filter" or on "service" for two VIPs with the same "extip"?

kadey
New Contributor II

No. I want the VIPs to handle the same traffic, just coming from different interfaces.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Physical (sounds odd though) tunnels are separated in IPsec aggregate. But the tunnel interface you use for policy and routing including VIPs is only one on both end. In other words, it works as one single tunnel interface.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors