Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
TopJimmy
New Contributor

IPSec Throughput Questions

My old " Product Matrix" shows that the 110c/111c models have a max IPSec throughput of 100Mbit. I need to push up to 200Mbit through but I do not have any UTM features enabled on it. Other than the since IPSec tunnel, this model is only doing basic firewall (allow/deny) type of functions and no very many of those either. So my question is: Has anybody ran their units over the specs in the matrix or is that even possible? i.e. Does Fortinet hard cap their capabilities based on the model? Any help would be much appreciated.
-TJ
-TJ
4 REPLIES 4
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

The numbers posted by fortinet matrix is what you should expect. If you need more ipsec thruput, than you need to buy a bigger unit. fwiw; SSLVPN thruput are greatly impacted and I highly doubt you would get anything over the posted number if any for ipsec and sure for sslvpn.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Jupiter_FTNT
Staff
Staff

The number also depends on your Encryption and Authentication methods. You should have no problem getting the matrix number with large size package.
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

In one of my prior jobs, I was pushing 50 down and 20 up with a FWF60A. I only used it for some slight web filtering/AV and a tunnel so I could support from home. Never complained...until lightning struck the building. There was heavy FTP traffic and a large web server inside behind the unit. Worked fine for years.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
TopJimmy
New Contributor

Thanks for the responses! I ended up ordering a couple (HA cluster) 200B' s which are rated to 2.5Gig through an IPSec tunnel. thanks again!
-TJ
-TJ
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors