Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RolandBaumgaertner72
New Contributor II

IPSec Dialup after update Win11 not connecting

Hello,

before checking on the fortigate, maybe there is a known issue after updating from win10 to win11 that the DialUp Forticlient connection is not working anymore. 

The user gets a PSK or user name failure but we confirmed 100% the right data, ALSO with the same user on another PC it would connect. But the user with the IPSec problem, at the same time can connect via SSL.

Is there a known issue that there is a change after upgrading to Win11?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Roland

I saw similar issues on Windows 11 due to NIC driver or other related Windows patches. Try digging in this area like change driver, update it or even try downgrade it.

Hope it helps

AEK
AEK
atkisonb1
New Contributor

Thanks for the comments. I got the VPN working. My problem was that the default Windows 11 VPN config didn't match with the configuration from Mikrotik. On the Router I messed up the Firewall rules. But nothing a couple of hours of work couldn't solve https://xender.vip/ .

CatInHat
New Contributor III

After upgrading to Windows 11, you may experience problems with the IPSec Dialup protocol. The update may have affected the compatibility of network settings or drivers. It's important to check your Windows 11 security settings and make sure everything is updated to the latest versions.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors