Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

IPSEC tunnel between iPhone and FWF60B

Does anyone have any experience setting up a VPN connection between an iPhone or iPod Touch and a fortigate? Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
g3rman
New Contributor

Interesting question. If no one responds shortly with a genius answer I' ll try to cobble something together with a blog post in the next couple of days.
A Real World Fortinet Guide Configuration Examples & Frequently Asked Questions http://firewallguru.blogspot.com
A Real World Fortinet Guide Configuration Examples & Frequently Asked Questions http://firewallguru.blogspot.com
Not applicable

I know the iPhone and iPod Touch have IPSEC VPN capabilities and the FWF60B has IPSEC VPN capabilities, but just not quite sure how to go about connecting the two... The iPhone and iPod uses Cisco IPSEC VPN if that helps....
Not applicable

hi i have a vpn between fortige and juniper but it doesn´t work my lan go out to internet but fortige is killing de packages in the vpn how can i check vpn rules for know why the trafic is reject ?
Kess
New Contributor

hi i have a vpn between fortige and juniper but it doesn´t work my lan go out to internet but fortige is killing de packages in the vpn how can i check vpn rules for know why the trafic is reject ?
Perhaps a wrong Post ?!?!?! Sorry bri11oh34d, can' t help you...
Delta
New Contributor

Same question for the HTC Touch... It runs WM6 and has built-in IPSEC vpn, but I haven' t had any luck getting it to connect... Does anyone have any experience setting up a VPN for these devices?
Thought for the day: Advertising (n): the science of arresting the human intelligence for long enough to get money from it. -- Stephen Leacock.
Thought for the day: Advertising (n): the science of arresting the human intelligence for long enough to get money from it. -- Stephen Leacock.
Not applicable

Hi everyone. Ipsec between iphone and Fortigate is almost impossible, at least for now. I' ve been able to connect my iphone with pptp to a forti 100A. It works over wifi or 3G. Just create local user on forti (same as user in pptp settings on iphone). Enable pptp and the pool to be used. Create a group and include the user in it. Works lilke a charm!
Not applicable

Santy2008, I too have been able to setup the VPN with PPTP on a Fortigate 300a. However, are you able to cpnnect to anything using dns names, or only ip addresses? When connected to the VPN, I can only ping ip addresses, not names. Anyone have any ideas?
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors