Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
__PAT__
New Contributor

IPSEC to Windows 2003 Server

Is it possible to create an IPSEC tunnel from a Fortigate device to a Windows 2003 server? If so, can any provide some pointers/how-to/etc... Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

Sure: faster way is install Forticlient VPN in your win2k3 and you' ll have an ipsec standard and certified tunnel against your FTG. on the other hand, if you want deal with the several limitations of MS ipsec implementation, check http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816514

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
__PAT__
New Contributor

Would I be able to router traffic from my FG device to the Forticlient? Meaning route all traffic from the DMZ interface out to the Forticlient which will then route all that traffic to the Internet?
abelio

I' m not sure if i understand your scenario. Please elaborate a bit or include a diagram;

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
__PAT__
New Contributor

Site A (FG-60) -IPSEC TUNNEL-> Site B (FortiClient) I want all traffic from DMZ port from Site A to go out though the Internet from Site B via the Forticlient. See my REALLY bad drawing ;)
laf
New Contributor II

If you have a two network cards on that Server 2003 I suggest you make a site to site connection. I did that ~1 year ago and it works since then. If not just use FortiClient; it will work with this, too.

The most expensive and scarce resource for man is time, paradoxically, it' s infinite.

The most expensive and scarce resource for man is time, paradoxically, it' s infinite.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors