Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nsantin
New Contributor III

IPSEC VPN connection issues from ComCast Cable

Anyone experience any issues with ComCast Cable and IPSEC? I have a user based in PA, USA running FortiClient 1.6 connecting to a FG60 via IPSEC. Worked fine for the last few months and suddenly something changed this past weekend. The user connects, gets an IP, can ping, but gets RPC failure messages and can;t connect to any resources. However, same user can connect via a dial up (phone) and from other sites not on ComCast and has no problems. Im 99% certain this is an ISP issue, but what should I be asking the ISP to look for? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable

Other clients connect to FG60 also experience problem or not?
Not applicable

Ask the ISP if they recently started blocking ports, filtering ports, or filtering traffic. SBC did the same thing recent (Blocked port25) w/o any-warning of any-kind to any-one.
Not applicable

Have you tried to use V1.2?? Do you have more remote Fortigate boxes?? I' m experiencing a similar issue, only that FOrticlients work fine.. The boxes are the problem.. What MR are you using?? I' m using MR10 and probably are on the same page...
Not applicable

This sounds similar to a problem I am having. I am a newbie, trying to set up forticlient 1.6 on a laptop, with 100A at the office. I have a comcast connection at home. According to the logs, I have a good connection, but I can' t access any resourses, or even ping any macines. It' s almost like I am not logged in to the domain, although I should at least be able to ping. If you found the problem with this, I would love to hear about it.
Not applicable

I haven' t got the solution. My Director has Broadband, I don' t know if its COMCAST or not, but he is experiencing the same problem. He has been running the Forticlient to FGT-200 using 2 different versions of the Forticlient (1.2 and 1.6) and has used the evaluation version and licensed version of the client for around 1 year without problems. He had a consistent good connection and was able to RDP to resources on the network. All of the sudden he experienced problems not just with 1 machine but with as many as 5 (he has more but won' t admit it). The VPN connection checks out ok from a test dialup connection but fails from the broadband connection. Looks like its time to contact his ISP. Just wanted you to know you are not alone with this problem.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors