Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jcardenas
New Contributor

IPSEC VPN Starlink speed issues

Hi, I am using a Starlink Bussiness with public IP, to create a VPN between a Mikrotik to a FG1500D.

Without the VPN on the, a laptop connected to the Mikrotik on site can reach 250/50 Mbps (Minimum 80/15 Mbps); but with the VPN Stablished the speed down to maximim 15/10 Mbps.

The connection is 

Laptop <--> Mikrotik RB960 <--> Starlink <--> Internet <--> F1500D <--> Internet

I tried changing the MTU, but nothing happen, I know that satellite system use tcp spoofing optimization techniques, but i cant confirm with starlink if thta feature is on his plattform and if this affect the VPN.

Somebody had the same issue?

Thanks in advanced 

21 REPLIES 21
Jorpoz

I could keep on testing, but I don't think they will solve the problem. so for me starlink works fine for web connections but not for vpn.

AntonyChen
New Contributor III

tcp-mss settings for vpn  not afftecs internet access performance, this very happen, when you create ipsec vpn some tcp-mss or mtu settings may affect the network speed like file transfer between local and remote network...
internet connection is perfect not mean it will provide enought condition for vpn .

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors