Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bande18
New Contributor II

IPSEC Tunnel list not displaying

I am new to FortiOS but need to configure an IPSEC VPN to a Ubiquity EdgeRouter on the Fortigate 30E firewall. I went through the wizard and have successfully configured the basics using the Fortinet to Cisco template than I converted my tunnel to Custom to set my desired Phase1 and Phase2 parameters. All went well and I saved the config but now, when I click on IPSec Tunnels to display my available tunnels I get an error message saying "Entry not found" and the page lever loads. I have attached a screenshot of what exactly I'm seeing. I have tried different browsers but all have the same problem I am not sure what to do now to be able to continue setting up my VPN. Please help me resolve this problem.

1 Solution
bande18
New Contributor II

Thanks for the pointers.

I checked the static route but there isn't one for the tunnel.

I checked the objects but there isn't one that is related to this tunnel, only to another tunnel and the built-in ones.

I checked the policy and there isn't a policy that relates to this tunnel, only to another tunnel I have.

Please see the outputs I got in the attachment to this note.

What else can I try? Is it worth trying to upgrade firmware (a newer one is available) and/or reboot the box?

Thanks,

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
bande18
New Contributor II

So I was able to finalize my VPN setup today and I figured out that the issue I had was caused by my Password Manager. I use Sticky Password to auto-fill my passwords and as I was editing the VPN parameters, I don't know how but it changed the name of the VPN(which is not editable normally) from GRAPEVINE to the username I use to log in to the firewall (snet). As soon as I saved the GUI tried to display the GRAPEVINE entry but it couldn't find it and that is where the error message was coming from. After a reboot, the page was dispalyed but the entry name was snet now and not GRAPEVINE. Since I don't have a lot of experience with Fortinet, this change didn't look suspicious to me the first time around but I noticed it the second time it happened. After setting Sticky Password to ignore the router webpage I could freely edit the VPN settings and never encountered the issue again.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors