Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
renecarrillo
New Contributor

IPSEC SITE 2 SITE VPN TO AZURE FAILURE

Hello,

I have a 60D and trying to make a VPN to AZURE with no success, I have used the official document from Fortigate Cookbook with no success...

Taking a look at the logs I can see a failure in phase 1

user="N/A" group="N/A" xauthuser="N/A" xauthgroup="N/A" assignip=N/A vpntunnel="N/A" status=negotiate_error reason="peer SA proposal not match local policy"

Do any of you have an idea of which are the right parameters for SA?

On the Azure compatibility lists says FortiOS is supported and I followed the Fortinet guideline step by step but nothing...

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
buntha
New Contributor

Hi !!!

In vpn site 2 site there are 2 phase for configuration:

Phase1:

IKE version

Pre-sharekey

WAN connection is ok on both site

DHGroup =2 or ?

Encryption= sha1 or md5 or ..... etc

enabled IKE interface in your FGT.

Phase2:

Remote network

Local network

Encryption 3Des sha

Auto Negotiation and keep alive time

Route 

I seem you said above your are wrong configuration in phase 1 so please check pre-sharekey and or DHGroup between both site. 

renecarrillo

Hi,

I know about that all, my problem is that I don't have the remote side parameters... They are using Microsoft Azure service, I found a document in the Fortinet site with all that parameters so I followed it and configure the site 2 site vpn according to that document but it didn't work maybe they are wrong, what I'm looking for is if anybody knows the right parameters so i can configure the Fortigate 2 Azure VPN

ThomasDK

I to have issues with this. Did you ever get it fixed?

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

Azure has two tunnel setups. Policy based and route based. The one you use also determines some of the characteristics of the Phase1's and 2's.

Review the configs on both sides just to be certain everything is proper. Pay close attention to any policies that allow the traffic to traverse as well.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
renecarrillo

You have to play with encryption parameters and try to see which one best suits your needs, I did it that way till it worked. Now I don't have any issues and have had this up for months ago

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors