Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

IPSEC DHCP is not working

This was working. Now when we connect to the via IPSec there is no IP Address handed out. It shows in the log that the DHCPDISCOVER is received and the server is sending the information. But this is repeated until the discovering process timesout. The firewall is a 300A running Fortigate-300A 3.00-b0660(MR6) and we are using Forticlient 3.0.534. When I run Diag sys top i don' t see the dhcp service running. Thanks Eric
12 REPLIES 12
darrell
New Contributor

Actually, I believe the problem was that the dhcp process failed for some reason. After rebooting it worked. We reverted to the previous configuration and it also worked. Strange issue, perhaps a bug, but we do not know how to check a log for processes themselves. Any ideas?
Not applicable

I am having DHCP-over-IPSEC issue too. It was working and suddenly it doesn' t anymore. I have tried using different laptops, all cannot get ip address. The funny thing is, it was working very well for months. After a few reboot still cannot soft. I will ry to power it down totally and power up again once I get to office.
vanc
New Contributor II

If you are using Vista and recently upgraded to SP1, DHCP over IPSEC will stop working. You have to wait for next patch release.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors