Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Tamiltk
New Contributor

IPS in Fortigate Evaluation VM

I have recently set up Fortigate Evaluation VM 7.0.14 to test IPS in GNS3. Have created IPS profile with specific signature to Block. But it doesn't seem to be blocking. 

I would like to know, does the evaluation VM supports IPS with the signatures available in the pre-built IPS DB.

4 REPLIES 4
sahmed_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello, make sure VM is connected to the Fortiguard servers. If your evaluation license is correct it should work

Security all we want
Tamiltk

Have activated the evaluation version with fortinet account, Fortiguard is connected and tried to download eicar test file with all the severity set to block in IPS. But still I can download the file. Note the eicar test file is under IPS.

amrit
Staff
Staff

Although there are some limitations  associated with the VM evaluation license, IPS feature can be used: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate-private-cloud/6.4.0/vmware-esxi-administration-guide/50...

Amritpal Singh
Tamiltk
New Contributor

Could you please let know me if anyway I can test any of the security profile in the evaluation version.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors