Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

IPS Signature Updates?

I am just wondering why my " auto updating" IPS signatures have not gone to version 2.524 yet even though the ' phone home' function seems to be working just fine to update my AV definitions. My " current" IPS definitions are at 2.519. FYI I am running an FG 300A @ 3.0MR5 Patch5.
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable

Does it update when you manually force an update?
Not applicable

If by " manually force" you mean going into the Fortiguard center and doing an UPDATE NOW under AV and IPS options, then the answer is no, the IPS signatures do not update, but the daily routine updates work fine, here is a line from the event log: 11 2008-07-21 04:47:39 notice Fortigate push update virdb(9.340) idsdb(2.519) aven(2.006) idsen(1.096) from 209.52.128.82:443 Notice the " idsdb" i am still getting is the 2.519 and not a more recent one that is available via download.
Not applicable

Just an update on this, my IPS signatures still havent updated and when I try to do a manual update of the most recent IPS signatures, I get the message that " Firewall has all the updates found in the given file"
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Does the version number change ? I ran into the same thing with a MR5 build and 200A and once I upgraded it to MR6 p1 no more of that warning messages.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Not applicable

The version doesnt change. I' ve opened a ticket with Fortinet to see what they can find.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors