Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ricdgr
New Contributor

IPS Event Log

Hi there, Is there a way to log the threats detected by the IPS (not the packets). I can' t see anything IPS related on my " UTM Security Log" . Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
qxu_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Ricdgr, Please give more detailed about the problem, i.e topology, configuration. Thanks,
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Is there a way to log the threats detected by the IPS (not the packets). I can' t see anything IPS related on my " UTM Security Log" .
I believe IPS events show up in the attack log, which should be enabled by default when you enable sql-logging.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes you can log events in the log. You need to enable this under your ips sensor set action action of selected rules log logging of selected rules IIRC the default action is to log.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors