Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lexx
New Contributor

IP

Hello, Im new to fortigate and was wondering if anyone knows how to exempt a specific ip address from web filtering? Thanks in advance

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Probably same as any other firewalls. I would create a new policy for HTTP/HTTPS and specify the IP as the destination address and "accept" action, then don't apply the web filtering profile. And then place/move it one above the existing web filtering policy.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

The IP address (for any device) would need to be reserved in the DHCP IP lease pool.

If you rather not have to deal with reserving static IPs, you can always craft firewall policies based on the device mac address.  To do this, first enable Device Detection under the interface (e.g. LAN) then go under "User and Device->Device Inventory", locate the mac address (if you do not see the MAC column just right-click on the column headers and add it), and edit that mac - give the device a name and create or add that device to a new device group (e.g. unfiltered-devices).  When it comes to crafting the firewall policy - much like before you would use the source  "all" followed by the device group name.  The rest of the firewall policy should remain the same.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
lexx
New Contributor

So instead of using the IP address to identify the device you substitute it with the Mac address? 

lexx

I see. I have no experience what so ever with firewalls but thank you for the advice. Will give it a go and update you :) 

lexx
New Contributor

so does this mean it cant be done?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors