Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
OmarMuhumayev
New Contributor II

IP phones doesn't get ip from Voice Vlan's DHCP

Hi,
I hope you are doing well.
We have a problem with the footswitch and Fanvil IP phones. I have configured Voice and Data VLAN separately on Fortilink as a sub-interface. Also, I have configured Zones for different subinterfaces. Voice and Servers are under Server zones. For voice and Data, VLAN DHCP is configured on windows server 2019 and I indicate DHCP server on each interface as DHCP relay. But in some cases, IP phones don't get IP addresses from the server. Also, I configured the LLDP profile for IP phones. 

5 REPLIES 5
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Omar,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Omar,

I am still looking for a solution concerning your question.

We will come back as soon  as we will have one to provide.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
vsiva
Staff
Staff

Dear @OmarMuhumayev 

Hope you are doing well.

Can you please ensure the following LLDP med voice profile/config  is configured correctly on the fortiswitch port . 

Referenced Article :

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.0/cookbook/939493/voice-vlan-auto-assignment

Also just for testing and simplify the solution  , please try enabling dhcp on fortigate on a test vlan and see if it helps .

Regards

Vigneash

OmarMuhumayev
New Contributor II

Thank you all. The problem was caused by a bug in version 7.2. We have investigated this issue with Fortinet support and have been advised to upgrade to a new version or downgrade.

bug ID [0813606 - DHCP relay offers to IPPhones blocked by FGT.

vsiva

@OmarMuhumayev 

Glad the issue is resolved .
Also thank you for  providing the solution and related Bug ID.

Regards

Vigneash

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors