Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
edy_othman
New Contributor II

IP Sec VPN tunnel from 2 WAN port connected to 1 WAN port

Hi Everyone, I would like to seek an advice if is it possible to create 2 IP Sec VPN tunnel on fortigate firewall with 1 WAN interface ? if so is there any link or documentation that I can refer how to do so ?

I attached some topology for better understanding on this thing.Logical Diagram.PNG

1 Solution
edy_othman
New Contributor II

Issue solved...turn out to be some mismatch configuration on the preshared key..when I key in the preshared key again and the tunnel established..thank for helping

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
akristof
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Thank you for your question. Yes, it is completely possible. There is really nothing special from configuration pov. On left FortiGate, you will create 2 ipsec tunnels each for different wan link. The remote-gw will be 30.30.30.1. And on the right FortiGate, you will configure also 2 ipsec tunnels, both bounded to the same wan interface, one tunnel will have remote-gw 10.20.20.1 and second tunnel will have 10.30.30.1. And that's it.

Link to standard ipsec tunnel guide:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.0.0/cookbook/281288/site-to-site-ipsec-vpn-with-two-f...

Adrian
edy_othman
New Contributor II

Hi akristof,

just now I just configure my fortigate with 2 different IP Sec tunnel to the same WAN port however I discovered that 1st VPN Tunnel is able to up and 2nd VPN Tunnel is down. Both side configuration is the same. I check on the events VPN log and discovered the "Action delete_phase1_sa". Is there anything that I need to check further ?

akristof

Hi.

Can you share phase1 configs of tunnels from both devices?

Adrian
edy_othman
New Contributor II

Hi akristof,

I did this testing with Ali Baba Cloud (ABCloud) to established the IP Sec VPN, however the concept is the same which is ABCloud with 2 WAN port interface established connection to Fortigate 1 WAN port interface. you may refer to configuration on both devices.IPSecTunnel.PNGIPSecTunnel1.PNGIPSecTunnel2.PNGAliBaba Cloud.jpegAliBaba Cloud1.jpegAliBaba Cloud2.jpeg

edy_othman
New Contributor II

Issue solved...turn out to be some mismatch configuration on the preshared key..when I key in the preshared key again and the tunnel established..thank for helping

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors