Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
karmesh
New Contributor

IP SLA tracking in Fortigate Logical links

Hi Guys,

We have a Fortigate firewall which are connected to two different LAN core switches via one physical link but using 2 logical links. The customer needs the logical link to be tracked in order if one goes down , the other one will be able to support it. However, the problem is when I provided them with Death Gateway Detection configs, they told me that it won’t work since there is only one physical link as it will bring down that particular link.

I need a solution to make the SLA tracking work using one physical link but 2 logical connections.

Is this possible to be done on the Fortigate firewall?

Please take note that this is a similar function like IP SLA tracking on Cisco devices.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I need a solution to make the SLA tracking work using one physical link but 2 logical connections. Is this possible to be done on the Fortigate firewall?  

Can you post a topology drawing and the cfg  you sent to your client?. It's confusing  as to how your wrote this, so I 'm not quite understanding your scenario. Also does the L3 address resides on the logical and physical interfaces  for the next-hop?

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors