Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
daj1985
New Contributor

IP SEC configuration behind a NAT device

Hi,

Our scenario is :- 

Already has a IPsec connection between two offices , HQ and Site Office. The Site Office is behind a NAT device.

HQ Fortigate ---------IP Sec-----NAT device-----Site Office Fortigate1

We need one more IPSec connection between the same offices. 

ie. HQ Fortigate---IPSec----NAT device---Site Office Fortigate2.

ie we use same NAT device for both Fortigate1 and Fortigate2.

So is it possible to use same LAN IP which is used in SiteOffice Fortigate1 , for Site Office Fortigate2 also. 

ie same LAN IPs in both. Is it possible.

Thanks

1 Solution
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I think you need to  look at peer-id per tunnel. Same I don't  quite understand the  question but you  can have 2 sites and all behind a  NAT-device just keep in mind this endpoint will need NAT-T and by using peerid you can define each tunnel to be unique to that peerid

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

View solution in original post

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
3 REPLIES 3
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Your problem is not the LAN address but the WAN address. It's the same for both tunnels, and there cannot be two IPsec tunnel between the same public addresses. So, IMHO, this will not work.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Prab
New Contributor

daj1985 wrote:

Hi,

Our scenario is :- 

Already has a IPsec connection between two offices , HQ and Site Office. The Site Office is behind a NAT device.

HQ Fortigate ---------IP Sec-----NAT device-----Site Office Fortigate1

We need one more IPSec connection between the same offices. 

ie. HQ Fortigate---IPSec----NAT device---Site Office Fortigate2.

ie we use same NAT device for both Fortigate1 and Fortigate2.

So is it possible to use same LAN IP which is used in SiteOffice Fortigate1 , for Site Office Fortigate2 also. 

ie same LAN IPs in both. Is it possible.

Thanks

Hi Daj,

Please don't feel offended but unfortunately I could not understand that why are you trying to have a second IPsec tunnel between the same remote subnet?

Thanks,

Prab

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I think you need to  look at peer-id per tunnel. Same I don't  quite understand the  question but you  can have 2 sites and all behind a  NAT-device just keep in mind this endpoint will need NAT-T and by using peerid you can define each tunnel to be unique to that peerid

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors