Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
TPS-Services
New Contributor

How to use HA Reserved Management Interface as source to External Services (such as FortiGuard)

Hi All,

I have some objective to POC, I would like to explain follow this

Goal : use HA Reserved Management Interface as source to FortiGuard Service

I have many tasks follow this

- I have 2 FGTs, Config HA and HA Reserved Management Interface (use interface mgmt) complete, I can access 2 FGTs with separate ip address.

- I just have 3 Interface in this topology, 2 HA heartbeat interface for connected each other, and 1 mgmt interface to gateway VLAN MGMT, not have any interface for another traffic right now.

- I access to hidden vdom ("vsys_hamgmt") and can prove that RMI can go the internet (ping ip address and name on internet) and not any service block to access internet.

- I have config "set ha-direct enable" already

Issue : I found that 2 FGTs unable to connect FortiGuard Server and Status on FortiCare is "pending" always

2 REPLIES 2
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Communication to Fortiguard is initiated from root/management VDOM only and thats why the connection to fortiguard is not working even though you have routes/reachability.

Ref: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-Unable-to-connect-to-FortiGuard-serv...

Is there any reason for using 2 interfaces for heartbeats instead of 1 and then using the other one for the traffic?

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors