Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Bruce7x2
New Contributor III

How to successfully register a FortiToken 400 in FortiAuthenticator

As shown in the screenshot below, when I attempt to assign a FortiToken 400 to a user, I receive the following error message: "The relying party ID is not a registrable domain suffix of, nor equal to the current domain." I have tried registering the FortiToken through the registration portal as well as directly logging in to FAC as an administrator, but I have been unable to register it successfully. Can you please provide guidance on how to resolve this issue?

image.png

image.png

Bruce Liu
Bruce Liu
3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
mgoswami
Staff
Staff

Hello Bruce,

May I know if you have tried to register the token through the self-registration portal?

Are you seeing any certificate warning during the Forti Authenticator portal access?

Also, double-check the RPID you are using for the FortiToken registration. Make sure it is a valid domain suffix and matches the domain of your organization's current setup. Ensure there are no typos or incorrect characters.

BR,

Manosh

Bruce7x2
New Contributor III

Dear Manosh,

"Are you seeing any certificate warning during the Forti Authenticator portal access?" I am not sure which portal access you are referring to.

In fact, I have watched the YouTube video (2FA with FortiToken 400(FIDO) and FortiAuthenticator SAML IdP), but I did not see the part about setting RPID. Do you have any guide or example on how to register and use FortiToken 400?

Or, can you provide me some references that supplement the video (2FA with FortiToken 400(FIDO) and FortiAuthenticator SAML IdP)?

As I understand it, RPID is related to OAuth, but I need to know some technical information about OAuth today to register FortiToken 400 ?

Thank you for your patience.

Bruce Liu
Bruce Liu
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors