Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JD1234
New Contributor

How to stage Forticlient Upgrades using EMS

We currently have Forticlient EMS 6.2.6 installed.  I'd like to follow the upgrade path and eventually get to 7.2.1 however I'm concerned that once I upgrade to the next version all the Forticlient software on the endpoints will automatically upgrade to whatever version the EMS server allows.  I would prefer to manually initiate the upgrade of client endpoints.  This way I can choose to upgrade and few test machines, document the process, set end user expectations and properly notify those end users, then upgrade en-masse.  Is it possible to stage this type of upgrade?

1 REPLY 1
fcb
Contributor

Yes, when you create the deployment packages, the files that EMS will use to install FTC on the endpoints, there is a checkbox on the first page of the wizard that says: " Keep updated to the latest patch"

Simply leave that unchecked and you will have to manually update them, create and deploy a new package via EMS, every new release that you wish to install. You can also take and existing deployment package and uncheck/check to change this via the check box titled: Auto Update in the list of your packages

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors