Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pxiannie
New Contributor III

How to solve DNS resolve failed problem when connect to SSL VPN?

I'm able to connect to ping my server and access local system last week, but today I tried to connect it shows error DNS resolve failed. I did not make any changes and this error has been solved, why got this error again?  I cant ping my server in command prompt and access the local system now. My current version of FortiClient VPN is 7.2.3.0929, is it because of the updates?

Screenshot 2024-02-01 170224.png

Screenshot 2024-02-01 170430.png
Please help. Thanks!

FortiClient 
FortiGate 

22 REPLIES 22
jera

Hello @pxiannie ,

Your internal DNS server IP should be the assigned IP of your Windows Server where you enabled the DNS service and configured your internal domain.

If you are able to resolve internal domain using your LAN network, you can check the ipconfig of your endpoint connected to LAN and verify the DNS IP configured.  

That IP should be configured under your SSLVPN settings. 

You can also try running the command below from LAN connected endpoint, to verify the internal DNS.

nslookup www.example.com (internal domain).

JE
Nchandan
Staff
Staff

Hello pxiannie!

Kindly create a test policy from ssl.root to ppp2 as incoming and outgoing interface and destination as all and check if you can ping.

pxiannie
New Contributor III

Hi @Nchandan ,

I got 2 ip address for ppp2, I'm using the 180.XXX.XXX.XXX one as my ssl vpn remote gateway. Is it the S* 0.0.0.0/0 [5/0] via 10.233.65.32, ppp2, [1/0] should be  S* 0.0.0.0/0 [5/0] via 180.XXX.XXX.XXX, ppp2, [1/0] ? I dont know what 10.233.65.32 refer to because I didn't found it in interface. My virtual wan-link only have member wan1 and the second pp2 ip address. Is the first ppp2 refer to the ip of virtual wan link? I create policy from ssl.root to virtual wan link but still not able to ping.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 134416.png
Regards,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors