Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Tazio
New Contributor III

How to see who is connected to Network

Hi,

This is my first post here.

Just migrated from Meraki to FortiGate.

In Meraki we had the option to see all users who are connected to the network, is there a way to see same here on FortiGate 100F

Thanks

Tazio

1 Solution
vsahu

Hello Tazio,

I tested in my lab to enable the device detection on a redundant interface you've to use CLI

config system interface
        edit "test"
             set device-identification enable
         next
end

Regards,
Vishal

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
kvimaladevi
Staff
Staff

Hi Tazio,

Good day!

Once you login into the Fortigate, under Dashboard, you will be able to view the device inventory, forticlient users, Firewall users and quarantine users. You will also be able to add monitors based on your requirement that will show you the connected devices, sources, applications used and more. I have added a screenshot for your reference as well. 

Tazio
New Contributor III

Hi Kvimaladevi,

Thank you for your quick response.

I checked what you said.

I can see 4 options.DEvice Inventory,Forticlient,Firewall users and Quarantine.

In Firewall users I can see 5 users using VPN Forticlient to connect.That is all I have.

All my computers start with a specific name ACL-DSK which I cannot see.

Thanks

Tazio

Tazio
New Contributor III

sorry forgot to attach the pictureFortiGate1.png

kvimaladevi
Staff
Staff

Hi Tazio,

Thank you for the screenshot. Could you confirm what type of clients you are referring to? In the monitor we can see Fortiview sources, Fortiview sessions etc. Based on the type of users, we can add the required monitor to view the devices. Usually we should be able to see all the connected device information in the Fortiview sources option.

Regards,

Vimala

Tazio
New Contributor III

Hi Vimala,

I want to see all clients that are connected to my network who are sending and receiving trafic through the Firewall.The naming convention for all devices starts with ACL which is short for company name example ACL-DSK123 or ACL-LAP123 or ACL-SUR123

Thanks
Tazio
kvimaladevi
Staff
Staff

Hi Tazio,

I have replicated in the lab and you should be able to see the connected devices in the fortiview sources. I have attached a screenshot for your reference. You can set the time for now in the monitor and verify the users.

Regards, 
Vimala

Tazio
New Contributor III

Hi Vimala,

I can see the source IP but cannot see the name.

Thanks

Tazio

vsahu
Staff
Staff
Tazio
New Contributor III

Hi Vishal Sahu,

I have gone through both documents but could not complete the steps.

I am using FortiGate 100F Firmware 6.4.9.

I cannot see Go to User & Device > Custom Devices & Groups.

My Device inventory is empty.

Now if I go to Network > Interfaces, there is no option to enable device detection.

Attaching screen shots

Thanks

TazioFortinet2.jpg

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors