Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

How to save a current configuration.

Hi, I' v assigned to the operator of FortinetB200 v4.0 MR2. Now I have to change this password from CLI. 1. Connect to the FortinetB200 from telnet client. ID:admin passwd:<current_passwd> 2. # config system admin # edit admin # set password <new_passwd> # end Then, is there no need to save a current configuration to the flash? Cisco products require to save a running_config to a startup_config, such as " copy running-config startup-config" . regards, okumura
6 REPLIES 6
Matthijs
New Contributor II

Config is saved by the end command that you gave :-) It' s not a Cisco :p
Not applicable

Hi Matthijs, Thank you for your reply! I got it. Regards, okumura
Matthijs
New Contributor II

I forgot to mention that there is a setting for this :) FGT100A~ (global) # set cfg-save automatic automatically save config manual manually save config revert manually save config and revert the config when timeout FGT100A~ (global) # set cfg-save Default: FGT100A~ (global) # show full-configuration | grep cfg set cfg-save automatic FGT100A~ (global) #
Not applicable

Hi Matthijs, Thanks a lot!! " Show" command is not appear in the CLI refernece but " Get" command. Is this alias of the " Get" command? Regards, okumura
Matthijs
New Contributor II

Show is what is configured, get is what is active. Show full is more like get.. the " tree" command is also something you should try :) It shows you the available commands from the point where you execute it. So if you are in the root you get everything, but under config system interface you only get the commands that are available there. [edit] forgot to mention that you should be carefull running the tree command on the console port.. it takes a while to show the output with only 9600 baud :P [/edit]
Not applicable

THanks a lot Matthijs! Regards,
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors