Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
albaker1
Contributor

How to prevent host from being quarantined?

Our FortiGate running 7.2.8 continues to quarantine the Barracuda load balancer, I believe because it's doing host impersonation. I can remove the MAC from the quarantine, but it shows immediately back up as being quarantined. What's the process for ensuring the MAC won't be quarantined? I can't find any documentation for accomplishing this. Thank you.

1 Solution
albaker1

Thanks for the reply. I believe the solution you recommended will disable quarantining for all hosts, and I *thought* what I needed was for a single host. This was for a new system we were implementing but couldn't get to work, and I opened a support case. The support engineer said that on a FortiGate there is no quarantining (quarantining occurs on a FortiSwitch), so the problem had to do with the server configuration. I appreciate your reply.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

If I'm not wrong you should find the related automation stitch under menu Security Fabric > Automation. You can change it or disable it if needed.

AEK
AEK
albaker1

Thanks for the reply. I believe the solution you recommended will disable quarantining for all hosts, and I *thought* what I needed was for a single host. This was for a new system we were implementing but couldn't get to work, and I opened a support case. The support engineer said that on a FortiGate there is no quarantining (quarantining occurs on a FortiSwitch), so the problem had to do with the server configuration. I appreciate your reply.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors