Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jaures
New Contributor

How to prevent Forticlient AV Database from updating

Hello all,

I have a customer who is using Forticlient for SSO in his environment. He does not want the AV feature of the forticlient.

he installed the Forticlient using a .msi file I generated with FortiAuthenticator settings embedded, and AV disabled.

Now, he is complaining that AV Database is still updated even though AV is disabled. he does not want this as all users will be running the Forticlient and thus he is fearing for BW utilization if AV Database will keep updating.

How can i prevent AV Database from updating? I have disabled all Antivirus options under File>Settings>Antivirus Options

Thank you...

Jaures.

3 REPLIES 3
kolawale_FTNT

Try selecting the FSSO only in the FortiClientConfigurator. The AV feature, and all other components of FortiClient will not be installed.

Jaures

The thing is i want the VPN feature as well. If I select FSSO only in the FortiClientConfigurator, i will not have the VPN feature installed.

kolawale_FTNT

Try selecting VPN only from the FortiClientConfigurator. FSSO is included when you select VPN only. The AV and WF features will not be installed.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors