Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
oamador
New Contributor

How to move old log files from FAZ to Storage

Hi,

We have a FAZ3000D, which is not connected with a syslog. This is going to be done, but now We need move all the log files in FAZ to storage, because FAZ is reaching is storage limit, and we need save this traffic logs I don´t know if we could do it via CLI, with the command execute backup logs Or this only backups the system logs, not the traffic log that the firewall has completed

Please, Anyone can help me??

THX in advance

4 REPLIES 4
AtiT
Valued Contributor

Hello,

yes you can use it.

execute backup logs ? will offer you to choose the fortigate unit. It will backup all the logs which belong to this unit.

AtiT

AtiT
oamador
New Contributor

But, when I execute this command, it starts to copy all files, I have several GB of log files. How can I control this tranfer??

THX

AtiT
Valued Contributor

I am a little bit confused. You said: "We need move all the log files in FAZ to storage"

--- ALL the log files

The command above does exactly what you need.

I think you cannot control that but I am not sure. I always backed up all the logs when it was requested.

AtiT

AtiT
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Of course you can delete logfiles of a certain category before backing up all the rest.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors