Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Andrei_OLAGO
New Contributor

How to identify and block " OTHERS" Application Category ?

I am using one Fortigate 1000C at work to control communications and applications. I want to decrease bandwidth consumption of some application which are in the category " OTHERS" . These application are consuming large bandwidth in our network so I want to find a way to block them. Thanks for your support.
Andrei OLAGO Network & System Engineer
3 REPLIES 3
stephen_ren_FTNT

If you are using FOS 5.0,there are two implicit application filter rules on the bottom of the app ctrl sensor,pls set the action for these two rules to block which will block all other known and unknown apps.
Andrei_OLAGO
New Contributor

Hi Stephen and thank you for your support. I have blocked all other known and unknown applications but this had not fixed my problem. I am going to explain. I am tracking Macbook Pro users, when they are connected to internet with their laptop, Firewall is not able to block downloading through this Macbook Pro. Also torrent are not blocking however I have configured the firewall to block these applications. Its working fine with PC but not with Macbook Pro. Do you have any idea to block all downloads from Macbook Pro ? Thanks again for your support !
stephen_ren_FTNT

Hi, Do you have ips signature/engine update service and is your ips signature/engine version up-to-date?
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors